Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super Tuesday

Super Tuesday is a day of many primary votes in America. There are 22 states that voted in the primary on Tuesday, February 5. There are 5 main canidates for the running of President. On the Republican side there is Mike Huckabee, John McCain, and Mitt Romney. On the Democratic side there is Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama . Here are some statistics of both the Democrat and Republican parties.

Republican Party:

California:
1. McCain- 42%
2. Romney- 34%
3. Huckabee- 12%

New York:
1. McCain - 51%
2. Romney - 28%
3. Huckabee - 11%

Minnesota:
1. Romney - 41%
2. McCain - 22%
3.Huckabee - 20%

Democratic Party:

California:
1. Clinton - 52%
2. Obama - 42%

New York:
1. Clinton - 57%
2. Obama - 40%

Minnesota:
1. Obama - 67%
2. Clinton - 32%

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22997326/

I think that it is a fairly close race for both parties. For the Republican party, I think that Huckabee came back from some large losses in other primaries, even so, he has come back and did win a handful of states. I think in the end it will be between McCain and Romney. I think in the end McCain will win the majority of the vote. On the Democratic side, I think that it is a very close race. For me it is too close to call which one will win the democratic side. I am hoping that Hilary Clinton wins. I believe she does have the experience and I agree with her views on different subjects. Even if she doesn't win I think that Barack Obama is a great canidate himself. I think that if Hilary Clinton runs as president and Barack Obama runs as vice president, (or visa versa), that they would definitely win the election. I think that this has been one of the more exciting races in the running for president in a while. It is a close race and I think that the election will be a very large change in the way our country functions.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Good article

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, it is very helpful